Comfort H/S™ Bite Splints
About the Product
Bite splints can make a world of difference for your bruxing and grinding patients, alleviating pain and preventing further destruction of existing healthy dentition. The Comfort H/S™ Hard Soft Bite Splint is the most widely prescribed bite splint due to its comfort and fit. Two layers make up the Comfort H/S Bite Splint: a 1 mm soft, comfortable polyurethane inner layer and a 3 mm hard, durable copolyester outer layer. The soft internal surface rests comfortably against the teeth and gums, while the hard occlusal surface provides durability.
The Comfort H/S Hard Soft Bite Splint is available in clear, blue and pink. Each splint is made with a standard flat occlusal plane and slight opposing cusp indentation or to your specific bite plane needs. The Comfort H/S Bite Splint is fabricated from ISO-certified ERKODENT® copolyester and polyurethane discs, which are BPA-free.
Production time: 4 working days in lab.
- Start with an accurate, void-free impression of both arches. Ensure no tears or bubbles are present in impression material for precision fit.
- Seat splint and evaluate fit and retention. If adjustments are necessary, adjust with carbide bur or Lisko-S disc. Polish if needed. Once seated in the patient’s mouth, check bite with marking tape to identify premature occlusion; adjust and polish as needed.
- Brush and floss your teeth before placing the appliance in your mouth.
- DO NOT soak the appliance in mouthwash, denture cleaner or alcohol. DO NOT place in hot or boiling water or expose to excessive heat (such as direct sunlight), as this will distort the appliance.
- Rinse well with water before and after use and store dry.
- Clean appliance with soap and warm water ONLY.
- If it becomes loose, tight or causes you any discomfort, contact your dentist immediately.