Bilayered Clinical Zirconia
About the Product
Bilayered Clinical Zirconia combines the esthetics your patients demand with the strength and affordability you desire. Lab tests show the fracture toughness and flexural strength of zirconia to be significantly higher than that of alumina or any other all-ceramic material. With Bilayered Clinical Zirconia, there is no metal to show through the ceramic and no unsightly black lines at the gingival margin. Indicated for individual or splinted crowns & bridges of up to 14 units, Bilayered Clinical Zirconia can be conventionally cemented with resin ionomers.
Bilayered Clinical Zirconia restorations are built on a coping composed of zirconium oxide, one of the strongest and most biocompatible ceramic materials. After the coping is milled using CAD/CAM technology, a high-strength ceramic is pressed or layered over the zirconia understructure, resulting in a final restoration that achieves superb intimacy of fit and translucent pearlescence.
Production time: 5 working days in lab.
- Anterior full-coverage crowns require a chamfer with 1.5 mm facial reduction, 1.5 mm lingual contact clearance, 1.5 mm incisal reduction, 1.25 mm reduction at the gingival margin with rounded internal line angles; or a shoulder with 1 mm lingual reduction, 2 mm incisal reduction, 1.5 mm labial reduction, 1 mm 360 degree rounded shoulder.
- Posterior full-coverage crowns require a chamfer margin with 2 mm occlusal reduction, 1.5 mm buccal and lingual reduction with rounded internal line angles; or a shoulder with 2 mm occlusal reduction, 1.5 mm buccal and lingual reduction, and 1.25 mm gingival margin reduction with rounded internal line angles.
- Chamfer Margins – Correct preparation of the chamfer margins interproximally allows the appropriate bulk of porcelain.
- It is not suggested to adjust the internal aspect of the zirconia. If an adjustment is required on the veneering ceramic, use a fine diamond at low speed with water and air to keep the ceramic from fracturing. To polish the ceramic, use a porcelain polishing system or pink rubber wheel and diamond polishing paste (Brasseler, Shofu, Vident)
- Panavia™ 21 (J. Morita)
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX™, 3M ESPE)